NMA ZSentry Client
<< back to Introduction
Technical Summary: The ZSentry Client works with desktop, web, and mobile mail clients,
providing enhanced email security with ZSentry, PKI/X.509, and PGP options. For server use, see ZSentry API
ZSentry Client is a middleware that
transparently and without plugins uses SSL SMTP service to communicate securely between Mail clients, Cloud apps, and
ZSentry. It offers SSL SMTP send and receive connectors, with zero added user interface. Requires client SMTP setup. Users may customize operation for default use (Dashboard in ZSentry App) and, if allowed by the organization's administrator, also per-message (Task Codes). There is no plugin, no download, no requirements on any existing plugins, and no installation.
ZSentry Client Benefits:
How to use: See the Introduction. You can use Mail
clients & Cloud apps in multiple ways, even at the same time with a single license.
- The user experience is not modified — zero added user interface, zero change, and zero to learn.
- Does not interfere with or change your GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Configurable through the client, gateway servers such as Exchange, or using ZSentry App
- Works with Windows, Mac and Linux, all Outlook versions including
Express, Windows Mail, Apple Mail for Leopard+, Thunderbird, Google Apps and Gmail, Microsoft Exchange Server, C#, .Net, as
well as Java, PHP and other systems.
- Access security
includes 128-bit server-authenticated SSL with anti-spoofing protection, two-factor strong (cryptographic) user authentication, hardened login to prevent dictionary and brute force attacks, and no username / password lists.
- Uses ZSentry "no-target" technology that eliminates the online copy and storage of passwords and keys, thus eliminating major risk factors in protecting servers and clients against breaches due to penetration attacks, which is specially useful for Cloud apps.
- Uses the fast, safe, spoof- and phishing-free SSL/SMTP (SMTPS) service, standards-based and compatible
with most office & server applications. As a "store and forward" system, SSL/SMTP is also inherently reliable.
- Offers both send and receive connectors for SSL/SMTP.
- Uses "always on" SSL, which starts SSL before any data is exchanged, and never uses plaintext.
- Can process, send and read ZSentry messages, securely connecting third-party clients and servers.
- Complies with HIPAA, HITECH Safe Harbor, GLBA, SOA, and financial regulations.
- No HIPAA Business Associate Agreement to
- Your Mail Client or app may encrypt and store
both your ZSentry Usercode and Password, to enable automatic service. This is optional. ZSentry Client encodes both within a "password" secret field that should be treated securely by your Mail Client or app. The very large variety of the ZSentry
Usercode, with unpredictable values, can further help protect and harden your ZSentry Password from brute force
- Uses two-factor authentication and certifies both your Name and Email Address before a message is
sent or read.
- Your message can be read anywhere. ZSentry Client works seamlessly cross-platform for sending, reading & replying.
- You can integrate data from different applications and different sources on the desktop and in the cloud in ways that are simply not possible if you are looking at only one source (desktop OR cloud).
Choose a solution to use with ZSentry Client:
NOTE: for additional solutions that can use ZSentry, see ZSentry App
Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail
Gmail, and Google Apps with any email address
Yahoo Mail, Hotmail,
AOL, .Mac mail
iPad, cell phone, SMS text messages and IM
Microsoft Exchange Server, C#, .NET,
Tell us about
any other solution you would like to use with ZSentry Client.
ZSentry enables clean solutions to the current email security and usability problems. And you no longer
have to choose between Desktop and cloud. Now, you can have the best of both with enhanced security for cloud
and reduced cost for Desktop. You can send and read secure email as easily as
regular email, with 1-click using your
existing Mail client or cloud solution.
Develop and use "ZSentry Client empowered" apps to easily deploy
secure business processes throughout the enterprise and beyond, using secure ZSentry Mail to deliver messages
directly and reliably to the Inbox.
>> Why ZSentry Client? Why Desktop and Cloud?
>> How about HIPAA compliance?
>> Why email?>> How can people prevent spam, spoofing and phishing?
>> How can I make Web apps hacker proof?>> Do you have an API?